Standing Chimney is a store, a gallery, a destination located on a farm dating from the mid 1880's. A visit to Standing Chimney is a unique shopping experience. Open on the first Saturday of each month (unless otherwise noted), Standing Chimney offers the works of over 30 Lawrence County-based artists and producers, most of whom are located within 7 miles of our store. 90% of the merchandise is either locally or American-made. The other 10% are carefully selected products from around the world that fill a special niche.
In addition to the extensive line of hand-mixed and hand-packaged baking mixes by Mary Mac Bakehouse, Standing Chimney also offers fresh-baked breads, gourmet dog treats, local teas and coffees, numerous fiber and textile products, useful and decorative wood and pottery items, blown glass and hand-smocked ornaments, as well as an assortment of oil, acrylic, and watercolor paintings and painted items.
If you're planning a "stay-cation" or just taking a country drive, stop in and visit. Have a sample scone or muffin, a cup of complimentary tea or coffee, relax, and enjoy the atmosphere.
... And don't forget to throw the ball for Luke (pictured below), he's looking forward to it!
Visit Beth and Mary at Standing Chimney on:
- Black Friday, November 27, 2105 between 11am and 7pm,
- Small Business Saturday, December 29, 2015 between 10am and 4pm,
- Saturday, December 4th between 10am and 4pm to get some of your holiday shopping done.